It’s winter time and Palak Ragi Roti is one of the best foods for toddlers and even elders. It helps is easy digestion and is rich in vitamins. I have shared the benefits of Ragi for toddlers in my previous post. Today, I will be sharing benefits of Spinach as well as Spinach + Ragi for toddlers.
Nutritional Value of Spinach
|Nutrients||Amount (Per 100 grams)|
|Natural Sugars||0.4 grams|
|Vitamin C||28 mg|
|Vitamin B1 ( Thiamin)||0.078 mg|
|Vitamin A||469 g|
|Vitamin E||2 mg|
|Vitamin K||483 g|
Benefits of Spinach for Toddlers
- Spinach is rich in water content and thus keeps the kids hydrated for longer time
- The fibers present in spinach help in digestion and also reduces gastro problems
- The Iron rich spinach strengthens bones and muscles of kids
- Being the richest source of Vitamin A, Spinach helps is vision correction and proper vision in kids
- Spinach has antimicrobial elements which help kids fight urinary infections
- Rich in nutrients, Spinach helps kids fight off viruses and bacteria
- Spinach kills the parasitic worms, which can otherwise harm babies
Palak Ragi Roti Recipe
- Ragi Flour (Finger millet) – 1 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Spinach, blanched n chopped – 1 Cup
- Half Onion grated
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ajwain – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt as taste
- Mix all ingredients in bowl. Gradually add lukewarm water to make a soft dough.
- Set aside for half an hour to raise the dough.
- Divide in equal balls to roll into slightly thick roti. Place on heated tawa, cook on both sides with medium flame. Apply ghee / low fat butter and serve hot with curd.